We are committed to providing a safe, inclusive, welcoming, and harassment-free conference experience for everyone. We have a Code of Conduct that we expect all attendees to adhere to. This Code of Conduct applies to the conference and the networking evening.
Harassment and other exclusionary behavior aren’t acceptable. This includes and is not limited to:
- Verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion.
- Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, and employment.
- Physical contact and simulated physical contact (eg, textual descriptions like “hug” or “backrub”) without consent or after a request to stop.
- Display of sexual imagery in public areas.
- Deliberate misgendering. This includes deadnaming or persistently using a pronoun that does not correctly reflect a person’s gender identity.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following.
- Harassing photography or recording, including logging online activity for harassment purposes.
- Posting or showing sexually explicit or violent material without explicit and prior consent.
- Posting someone’s personally identifiable information online without their explicit consent or threatening to post it.
- Sustained disruption of discussion.
- Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease.
- Personal insults.
- Discriminatory jokes and other forms of “humor”.
- Imitating or making fun of accents.
- Verbal threats or demands.
- Drugging food or drink.
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
We expect cooperation from all attendees to ensure a safe environment for everybody. If a person engages in harassing behavior, the conference organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the conference.
If you have any questions or comments please send them our way at firstname.lastname@example.org
Find more information about the conference here.
We would like to thank the communities and projects that established code of conducts as our inspiration: