This position can be project-based, part-time or full-time based on your interests and our needs.
We’re looking for a Smart Contracts Security Researcher & Engineer to join our team. You can be a security researcher, software engineer, computer scientist, or mathematician who is interested in doing smart contract security research and analysis. Experience or interest in learning smart contract languages, including, but not limited to, Solidity, Michelson, Ligo, SmartPy, and Clarity is required.
This position will work with our Security Consulting team on smart contract projects for a variety of ecosystems, including, but not limited to, Ethereum, Tezos, Stacks, and Cosmos. The role involves analyzing designs, specifications and codebases, along with documenting findings, providing recommendations, and communicating with consulting clients. Research will use the latest security best practices, knowledge of advancements in related fields, and previous experience / findings.
We will provide cross-language training to applicants familiar with the smart contracts and / or Decentralized Finance (DeFi) concepts and qualified in at least one smart contracts language.
We are also seeking qualified candidates who are interested in conducting internal knowledge sharing and training about the security of smart contracts.
The ideal person for this role has some skills in the following areas:
- Distributed & decentralized technologies
- Smart contract systems and DeFi concepts and applications
- Blockchain, cryptocurrency and Web 3.0 systems
- Open source software and development practices
- Security research and knowledge sharing to advance best practices
- Adversarial scenarios, attack vectors and threat modeling
- Privacy Enhancing Tech and secure communications tools
- A deep understanding of least one smart contract coding language, with a drive to learn additional ones, such as: Solidity, Michaelson, Ligo, SmartPy, Clarity
Learn more about our security consulting work by browsing our published reports.